Through the Localism Act the government has given local communities powers to have a direct say in the future development of their neighbourhood, parish or town.
A Neighbourhood Plan is a planning document that guides and shapes development in the local area and is created by local people. Neighbourhood Plans are about local development issues, for example where new homes should go, what developments should look like and policies to help retaining the characteristics of our Parish.
Planning Authorities use our Neighbourhood Plan in conjunction with the Local Plan and the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) to make planning decisions.
Lichfield District Council are the planning authority in our area, they are responsible for providing guidance and making decisions on Planning Applications. You can view information on the planning issues they are able to consider here: Comment on a planning application – What we can and can’t consider (lichfielddc.gov.uk)
The Parish Council are Statutory Consultees which means we are invited by the Planning Authority to comment upon planning issues for any planning application within our Parish (or which may have a significant impact upon the Parish).
Current Applications / Comments pending consideration by Lichfield District Council at 30/06/2022
- Variation of condition 2 (Approved Plans) of permission 19/00259/FULM relating to modifications to the apartment blocks (plots 49-78), site layout and location of bike / bin stores (plots 49-56 and 63-70)
Land Adj Coton Farm Coton Lane Coton Green Tamworth Staffordshire
- Erection of single storey rear extension
The Poplars 2 Lichfield Road Hopwas Tamworth Staffordshire B78 3AF
- Erection of ancillary residential annex
The Woodfields Main Road Wigginton Tamworth Staffordshire B79 9DN
- Demolition of existing conservatory and erection of single storey rear extension
1 Lichfield Crescent Hopwas Tamworth Staffordshire B78 3AJ
- Retention of existing outdoor bar to rear
The Old Crown 120 Main Road Wigginton Tamworth Staffordshire B79 9DW
- Demolition of existing buildings and outbuildings and erection of 7No detached dwellings, with associated garages, access and landscaping
Aviemore 45 Nursery Lane Hopwas Tamworth Staffordshire B78 3AS
- Outline application for the erection of up to 9no dwellings (all matters reserved)
Silver Birches Syerscote Lane Wigginton Tamworth Staffordshire B79 9ER
- Outline application for up to 210 dwellings, public open space, landscaping, sustainable urban drainage, access, and associated infrastructure. (All matters reserved except access).
Land North Of Browns Lane Tamworth Staffordshire
Planning Applications from 1997 onwards can be found here: Simple Search (lichfielddc.gov.uk)
If a comment has been made by the Parish Council it can be found as a document under the Planning Application it relates to.
For further information on planning matters please refer to Lichfield District Council Planning and building control (lichfielddc.gov.uk)
Their Local Plan documents can be viewed here: Adopted local plan (lichfielddc.gov.uk)
An online version of the NPPF can be viewed here: National Planning Policy Framework – Guidance – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)