We are consulting on some proposed changes to our street trading policy and we would be grateful for your views. The purpose of the street trading policy is to ensure regulation and allow us to accommodate street trading and events which complement existing businesses, provide protection for residents as well as contributing to the local economy and character of the area.
In addition to the above considerations it proposes the following key changes for consultation:
- Some local exemptions for example for community events and goods from farms sold outside their premises
- The addition of seasonal and multi-site consents
- The requirement for DBS checks for mobile traders
- Criminal record disclosures and declarations.
- Consultation with key stakeholders for all traders other than those trading at events
The revised policy and a summary of amendments can be found here.
Responses can be sent to email@example.com or in writing to the licensing team at the Council House, Frog Lane, Lichfield, WS13 6YU.
The closing date for consultation is 24 June 2022.